Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Vooks


I just read the first article for this week's assignments. I am bothered by the whole idea of vooks, and other electronic items such as the Kindle, for two reasons.

One: I like to read, I always have. I'm the type of person who goes to the library once every 3 weeks and comes home with a gigantic pile of books. Every night, when I'm done watching some late night comedy, I stay up until 1:30-2am reading a book. Vooks would ruin that for me.

Two: I spend enough time throughout the day on the computer, getting headaches from looking at the screen... I wouldn't want to spend more time looking at a small screen reading a book.

It might be nice to have videos in addition to the book, but to have it be necessary, or the means of reading the book, isn't a good idea to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment